There are so many options to exploring the shore but we wanted to narrow the list to a few of our
favorites. Whether you are into nature, history or culture, there’s something for everyone on this list.
Top 5 Things to Do in 2022
1. Discover Assateague Island in the off-season. Explore the 3 nature trails and walk the beach for some
great off-season finds.
2. Take a Smith Island Pelican Tour. See hundreds of nesting pelicans with local guides and watermen.
This is a once in a lifetime experience!
3. Visit Smith Island and stop in at the Smith Island Cultural Center in Ewell. Sample some Smith Island
Cake while you’re there.
4. Paddle the Pocomoke and see beaver dams, birds and reptiles. The section from Porter’s Crossing
Road to Snow Hill is eligible for the Wild River designation due to its pristine wilderness and beauty.
5. Attend the 81st Annual National Folk Festival in Salisbury. This free, three-day event celebrates the
great and diverse folk and traditional arts in America. Nowhere will you find so many cultural arts in one
place. Coming back August 26-28, 2022.
14 South Main Street
Berlin, MD 21811